• Review but not production of daily P&L - must have knowledge of a cross of FX, Rates, Credits, Commodities (Financial Markets).
• Also need a knowledge of Global Markets at a bigger picture level.
• Strong understanding of funding requirements, the balance sheet, analysis of the deals and customer segment where appropriate, challenge the business on these. In other words, a strong commercial nous too.
• Understand core tenets of Performance Analysis and MI to have an overview, challenge story behind the numbers.
• Knowledge of Treasury / Capital requirements and finance (debits/credits).
• Global liaison to stakeholders.
Who we're looking for
• Strong proven record of Performance Analysis.
• Transaction Banking knowledge (retail or corporate) as well as the core Financial Markets Products of FX, Rates, Credits, Commodities.
• Commercial knowledge of how Financial Markets might affect other businesses, e.g. ALM funding, capital/treasury.
• Useful to have Global Markets knowledge too.
• A leader who might manage 2/3 people if strong enough.