The Structured Analytics and Valuations Product Specialist will be member of a team of sales people dedicated to selling Moody's Structured Finance analytic tools and services.
Our views matter. So will yours.
Further information about "working at Moody's" is available at our Careers Page at www.moodys.com
The team provides a focused selling effort and substantial sales production in support of Moody's Structured Finance data, rating and cashflow models. The team also is responsible for an influential face-to-face calling effort to enhance relationships with buy and sell-side clients and is responsible for staying abreast of market and competitive issues.
Educated to degree level (or equivalent), preferably gained in a Finance or related discipline.
- Growing the total revenue associated with Structured Analytics and Valuations products across all EMEA accounts.
- Working in conjunction with other members of the Sales team to introduce and sell new products to Moody's clients.
- Developing and executing a focused sales plan to identify prospects of Moody's research products and risk models spanning the following asset classes: asset-backed securities, commercial and residential mortgage-backed securities, collateralized debt obligations, and other securitised instruments.
- Managing the full sales process from lead to contract, with active reporting of the pipeline and forecasts to management.
- Meeting/exceeding demanding sales targets through combination of:
- Retaining existing relationships
- Identifying and selling to new clients
- Selling additional services to existing clients
- Maintaining significant meeting activity
- Leading, advancing, and negotiating sales to closing
- Attaining and maintaining a high level of product knowledge.
- Gaining and maintaining familiarity with client organisations and processes to help direct them towards the appropriate Moody's product set.
- Managing sales cycles using coordination and communication skills to involve other Moody's sales and product specialists where appropriate.
- Introducing leads to other business units within Moody's Analytics where appropriate.
Experience with selling to large financial institutions and institutional investors.
Knowledge of the securities markets, securitisation, structured finance, credit and risk management, as well as fixed income portfolio management. Experience related to structured finance would be an advantage.
Fluency in a second European language would be highly desirable (e.g., French, German or Nordic languages).
Strong interpersonal/relationship building skills and able to successfully manage multiple client relationships.
Strong negotiation skills; able to influence key decision makers during the sales process.
Ability to sell in a consultative, needs/solutions approach.
Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision, yet integrate appropriately as part of a wider global team within Moody's.
Excellent communication, presentation and client facing skills.
Excellent planning and organisational skills.
Familiar with modern computer applications (MS Office, Internet).
Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels, with both internal and external parties.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer.