The Regional Account Manager ('RAM') is responsible for leading sales campaigns and participating in sales cycles across a multi-territory region. Clients include banks, insurers, asset managers, finance companies, government bodies and corporations.
Our views matter. So will yours.
Further information about "working at Moody's" is available at our Careers Page at www.moodys.com
Successful BDMs create their own success by displaying some or all of the following:
- Creating and executing on territory business development plans covering all client verticals across a wide range of MA solutions.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of industry practices in credit, risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Gaining and maintaining familiarity with client organization and processes to help direct them towards the appropriate MA solution set.
- Marketing specific MA solutions to the banking, capital markets, insurance, financing, corporate and government sectors in the region.
- Organizing and participating in over 100 in-person client meetings per year.
- Generating, qualifying and converting new leads through prospecting and networking and executing sales campaigns.
- Introducing sales leads to other business units where appropriate.
- Identifying and translating client-based needs into compelling solutions that create tangible benefits to our clients.
- Demonstrating the superiority and value of MA's solutions to potential and existing clients. This will often involve unique, high quality presentations via client meetings and drafting commercial proposals.
Additional responsibilities include:
Degree educated (or equivalent), preferably gained in a finance, numerical or sciences discipline.
- Working with the Regional Sales Director to prioritise sales campaigns across the different territories in the region.
- Managing contract renewals for selected accounts across the region.
- Contributing to or leading our responses to RFIs, RFPs, and other tenders for certain solutions across the region.
- Making significant and regular travel to and within the territory.
Experience working within or selling into capital markets, banking and/or insurers is required. Demonstrated understanding of the financial markets and experience in financial services solutions, especially in credit, is preferred.
Demonstrated success in leading outbound calling campaigns is required.
Entrepreneurial style, drive and sense of urgency, coupled with the ability to work well with others as part of a solution team. Strong problem-solving and influencing skills.
Must be fluent in English, both spoken and written. Foreign language fluency is required for some specific territories.
Ability to sell on a needs/solutions approach.
Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision, yet integrate appropriately with sales teams and other areas within MA.
Ability to work pro-actively, multi task and work to tight deadlines in a fast paced, changing environment.
Highly organised and good time management skills and with strong attention to detail.
MA deploys a team-based sales approach. RAMs work with Relationship Managers and Specialist sales colleagues on a daily basis. Specialists are organized by solution type, function and territory. RAMs are required to lead sales campaigns in different territories, sometimes running multiple campaigns concurrently. The RAM will work with the Regional Sales Director and Sales colleagues to develop the campaign message and to identify campaign targets. The RAM will conduct their research to set the campaign foundation and then execute the campaign strategy, largely working independently.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer.