Bloomberg is looking for a highly motivated and financially astute sales person to join it's highly successful European Commodity Sales Team in promoting our leading technology and services.
The successful candidate will join a highly motivated desk and be responsible for representing the suite of Bloomberg Professional solutions to both potential and existing clients, including the top tier of financial institutions around EMEA. A large proportion of our business is carried out in the local languages, so languages are of benefit.
With a consultative approach, you will identify our clients' needs and demonstrate how Bloomberg solutions will help them make the best investment/trading decisions, by making there day to day business smoother and more profitable. The successful individual will be responsible for building new business and developing existing business. The individual will work with and liaise with other teams and departments to help reach this goal. Our products enable customers to utilize real-time news, data, and powerful analytical tools.
Bloomberg in return will provide training on both the companies technology and market knowledge; we take a pride in educating our staff so that they can add more value to our customers via a true consultative process. Find out more about us at http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
- Frequent prospecting calls to existing accounts and develop new business.
- Arrange and execute clients visits to promote the Bloomberg Professional solutions to both potential and existing customers
- Follow up leads from other Bloomberg sales colleagues
- Be the face and voice of Bloomberg whilst provide outstanding customer service.
- Stay informed about the financial markets in order to spot trends, look for new opportunities and establish credibility with our clients by understanding their business.
- Engage in self development to maintain and improve knowledge of the Bloomberg system, which constantly evolves as new data and analytical tools are added.
- Promoting and selling our Gas & Power Fundamental Models to existing customers and new prospects
- Increasing the adoption and usage of Fundamental Models with our core front-office customer base
- Pro-actively gathering detailed product feedback from clients and successfully translating their needs and requirements into actionable items together with of our Product Group
- Experience in or selling to the financial markets is highly desirable and preferred
- Extensive experience and knowledge in the Gas/Power sector, preferably through Trading or Sales roles in the past
- Existing and proven relationships in the Gas/Power sector, preferably with front office (trading/risk/analysis) staff
- Knowledge of the financial markets
- Proven consultative sales skills
- Proven ability to build and maintain solid client relationships
- Entrepreneurial and outgoing character
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with the Bloomberg Professional Service is desirable but not essential
- Not essential but desired, European languages in addition to English
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.