Do you have a proven track record in tackling challenging scientific problems? Do you have the desire to apply your skills to a new – and financially very rewarding – field? If so, you will relish the fresh questions and challenges that the financial markets pose.
Winton Capital is an investment manager that uses algorithms, developed by our scientists and researchers, to trade the financial markets. We are currently expanding the research department within our UK Research centre and so your role would be at the at the heart of the business and the forefront of our cutting edge research.
The role involves:
• Analysing historical financial data to reveal underlying patterns, correlations, and trends.
• Using applied statistical techniques to develop quantitative models to predict price movements in financial markets.
• Developing novel tests and tools to aid pattern recognition in financial data sets.
• Working with like minded talented researchers, from a wide range of quantitative disciplines, and frequently liasing with the company's established UK research centres.
• Acquiring a sophisticated understanding of financial markets and my client's proprietary research techniques.
• An PhD in an applied science - we especially keen to hear from people with Bayesian Statistics, Time Series Analysis and Machine Learning expertise. Particle Physics, Forecasting, Applied Statistics, Astrophysics, or indeed any subject area that involves the indepth analysis of large datasets.
• At least 2 years' post-doctoral experience of analyzing and refining real-world data sets into their useful components and discover minute signals in data.
• Fluency with statistics alongside the ability to develop original measures and tests fit for purpose.
• The drive to see research projects through from beginning to end and hit deadlines.
• An enthusiastic and collaborative approach to research, fuelled by the desire to work with colleagues as motivated as you are.
Please include a cover letter as well as your CV in your application.