European Equity Analyst
Wellington Management Company, LLP
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$784 billion in assets under management as of 31 March 2013, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. We welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
A new opportunity has arisen on one of our well established regional equity portfolio management teams for an Analyst to provide research coverage of stocks in Europe. Based in London, this individual will partner with the existing team members to provide alpha generating investment ideas across a number of sectors within the region.
The successful candidate is likely to:
• Have a strong academic background, ideally including a post-graduate and/or professional qualification (e.g. MBA or CFA);
• Have a minimum of 3 years relevant company research experience, gained within the Investment Management or Investment Banking industries. Ideally this will include experience of analysing companies in the European Industrials, Capital Goods, Healthcare or Consumer sectors. Experience of covering mid cap companies would be additive;
• Demonstrate a successful track record of stock picking;
• Demonstrate a well-organized, sensible and systematic research approach.
• Have a demonstrably strong interest in, and commitment to, equity investing;
• Be a self-starter, with a strong work ethic and the ability to generate investment ideas independently;
• Have excellent communication skills, coupled with the ability to be decisive in the face of ambiguity.
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.